A still life by Chardin, organised by Maxwell GrahamA still life by Chardin, organised by Maxwell Graham Fri 7 Jul 2017 to Sat 26 Aug 2017
67 Lisson Street
‘A still life by Chardin, an exhibition organised by Maxwell Graham’ is a group exhibition that brings the patient, quiet and humble spirit of 18th-Century French painter Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin to life through the work of contemporary artists.
The exhibition focuses on the mundanity of Chardin’s paintings, his honest and deliberate focus on every day objects, and is sparingly filled with modest artworks by those keenly interested in the inverse proportions between captivation and pageantry – those that know and share the intense integrity of the common and remind us of the potent unknown.
You may also like these:
- Annka Kultys Gallery London
- Zabludowicz Collection London, Public
- Lisson Gallery, New York New York Chelsea
- Mai 36 Galerie Showroom Zürich
- T293 Rome
- Gagosian West 24th St New York Chelsea
- Mamco Geneva, Public
- Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, London London